Best mini laptop of 2017: best netbook under 300 and 200 dollars - mini laptops for writers
A good mini laptop in 2017 must come with powerful processor, excellent keyboard and stellar battery life. Mini laptop and netbook are more or less same thing in 2017
We have the best mini laptop guide in world. Mini laptops have got incredibly powerful over the years. If you get any of the best mini laptop from below, we assure you will be have the perfect companion for getting daily computing tasks done like web surfing and working on office documents. The new Intel processors pack enough power for doing light photoshop as well. Along with performance, battery life has also nearly doubled. The best mini laptop models often run for more than 8-9 hours which is what manufactures like to call “all day battery life”.
You would not believe if I say that in 2017 there are mini laptops that cost as low as 200 dollars or even less. These cheap mini laptops are often preferred by college students as they only plan to use them during their college semesters. Besides they are very portable and offer excellent battery runtimes – something you do not find cheap windows 10 laptop with 15″ or so. Some buy these mini laptops under 200 dollars so that they always have a working spare in case their main laptop stops working. Also, best netbook and best mini laptop are now one and the same thing as netbooks too use same processors as the mini laptops.
There are myriad mini laptops available in the market but not all of them can be recommended. Some come with poor processors; some have low RAM and some come with poor keyboard which is why we cannot recommend these mini laptops to writers since they require laptops with roomy keyboards with excellent feedback. Other than finding mini laptops for students and writers, we also paid attention to the type of processor they came with? Is it the latest generation processor or not among plethora of questions.
Students and mobile professionals need mini laptops with great battery life. They should also be built like a tank as they are going to be tossed around quite often on the road and in their university campus.
Best mini laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad 110s
Lenovo IdeaPad 110s is a very attractive offering by the top computer giant. It is a thin yet powerful mini laptop with very capable Intel Celeron processor and proven record of making high quality laptops that last for many years to come. This laptop gives us 6-8 hour battery life even under heavy use. It resumes from standby in one second and boots windows 10 in less than ten seconds.
* 11″ LED backlit display with HD resolution
* 32 GB eMMC solid state storage with 2GB DDR3L RAM
* Dual core Intel Celeron N3060 processor with integrated graphics
* Windows 10 OS, 2.2-lbs, 0.69″ thin
Best mini laptop checklist
Display: Mini laptops have varying display sizes ranging from 10-inches to 12-inches so if you need a laptop as portable as possible, go for 10-inch mini laptop. The best ones come with 11.6” screens as they are neither too small nor too big. This is optimum screen as laptop manufactures are then able to equip them with near-full size laptop keyboards. Key pitch is also identical to mainstream laptops.
Touchscreen: Some models come with touchscreen panel where you can use finger or stylus to navigate around the operating system. Keep in mind such models may be a bit pricer than mini laptops without touchscreens. Some even let you push the screen to the back making it a tablet.
SSD or HDD: The new models are tweaked for windows 10 and come with eMMC SSD storage that is much faster than the conventional HDD-storage medium. The downside is that the cheap mini laptops come with meagre storage. While this is expandable using micro SD card, it is not the perfect solution. We suggest going for models with hard disk drives if you are planning to store a lot on your computer. Here are the best mini laptops of 2017.
Cheapest touchscreen mini laptop Dell i3168-0027RED
This Dell mini latpop is more powerful than your typical Atom-totting netbook. It has touchscreen, windows 10 and 11.6″ display with multi touch input.
* 11.6-Inch 1366×768 pixel LED-lit Touch Screen
* Intel Celeron N3060 1.6 GHz Processor
* 2GB DDR3L SDRAM + 32 GB Solid-State Drive
* Windows 10
The Acer Cloudbook packs 11 inch display and a price tag that makes it the cheapest mini laptop of 2017. It comes with genuine windows 10 operating system, a powerful processor and flash drive for storing files and OS that provides excellent user experience.
* 11.6″ IPS display with 1366×768 pixel resolution
* Latest Intel Celeron N3050 processor
* 32GB flash SSD storage and 2GB RAM
* Genuine Windows 10 with free 1 year Office 365 subscription
* Whopping eight battery life
Dell Inspiron i3169-0013GRY
Dell Inspiron i3169 is easily the most feature packed and best mini laptop of 2017. Packing a modern Core M processor, it comes with spacious 500GB hard disk, 4GB RAM and a touch screen display that can be flipped behind allowing you to use it as slate tablet – so voila, a 2-in-1 laptop. If you are looking for a mini laptop with powerful innards, this is one to get.
* 11.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768 pixels) LED-lit Truelife touchscreen display
* Intel Core m3-6Y30 1.6 GHz Processor
* 4 GB DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 8GB); 500GB HDD
* Windows 10 Operating System
HP Stream 11
HP Stream 11 sold like hotcakes in 2015 and HP has updated it windows 10 and some other software related enhancements. It vows to remain unbeatable in 2017 too. It is well made, offers amazing battery life and features an impressive full size keyboard making it one of the best mini laptops of 2017.
* Latest Intel Celeron N3060 CPU
* Windows 10 operating system with free office for one year
* 32 GB Solid-State Drive for fast app launch – without almost no lag at all + 4GB RAM
* 11.6″ HD display
Samsung Chromebook 3
Samsung Chromebook 3 is a solid chromebook mini laptop under 200 dollars. Despite being super cheap, there is not any compromise on its build quality and it can definitely take some beating. It comes with durable construction with a spill-resistant keyboard. Battery life is easily more than 10 hours.
* Celeron N3050 1.6 GHz
* 2.0 GB RAM, 16.0 GB eMMC Solid State Drive
* 11.6-Inch Screen
* Google ChromeOS
Toshiba Satellite Radius
The Toshiba Satellite Radius is one of the most innovative netbooks of 2017 packing a more powerful Pentium N3700 CPU, touchscreen display which can be used in variety of positions and an excellent battery life of six hours.
* 11.6-Inch TFT inches 1366 x 768 (HD) Touchscreen LED
* Intel Pentium mobile N3700 processor + Integrated Intel Mobile HD Graphics
* 4GB DDR3L system memory, 500GB SATA 5400RPM hard drive
* Windows 10 64-bit, battery life up to 6 hours
Asus Transformer Book
Asus Transformer Book is the best detachable laptop that you can also use as standalone windows 10 tablet. With keyboard dock attracted, you can use it as any other mini laptop. It comes with a very high quality IPS display with excellent viewing angles. Its processor is very powerful too and can run any app with ease with plenty of memory of spare – 4GB
* 10″ IPS display with touchscreen
* Quad core Intel X5 Z8500 processor with 4GB RAM
* 64GB SSD for super fast booting and app times.
* Windows 10 operating system
* Keyboard dock is included in the deal
Lenovo ThinkPad 11E
Lenovo Thinkpad 11E is the most well built mini laptop. It is a well known fact that ThinkPad laptops are extremely dependable and designed to withstand rough conditions. It has quad core processor that is backed by ample RAM and hard disk, both of which are upgradable. If you don’t like baby-caring your gadgets, this is the best mini laptop for you.
* 11.6″ HD LED-backlit display with 1366 x 768 resolution
* Intel N2940 Quad-Core 1.83GHz processor
* 4GB DDR3 memory; 500GB HDD
* Windows 10 Professional Operating System
ASUS Chromebook C202SA
ASUS C202SA is a mini laptop that does the double duty of laptop as well as tablet. It is designed for rugged use with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard. Since the ASUS C202SA is equipped with a touchscreen display that can be flipped all the way back, you can use it as a slate tablet as well. Battery life is around 9-hours so you get all day battery life. It weighs mere two pounds and has thickness of 0.6 inches.
* 11.6″ anti glare display, 1366×768 pixels
* Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
* 16 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD); 2 GB DDR3 RAM
* Built in Office app for editing Microsoft documents, Chrome Operating System
Acer Chromebook CB3
This 11 inch mini laptop sells for extremely low price, is one of the best mini laptops under 200 dollars and runs Chromebook OS. You do not need to install any anti virus on it as its operating system is complete safe from viruses and malware. Its keyboard is excellent and chiclet style keys which is similar to the Apple Macbook keyboard which is one of the best laptop keyboards out there.
* Intel Celeron N2840 2.16 GHz Processor
* Can work with Microsoft Office files with no additional software
* 16 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD); 2 GB RAM
* 11.6 inch, 1366 x 768 pixels, LED-lit Screen, Chrome Operating System
Not impressed by our laptop experts or do you have a laptop in mind that offers better value? Let us know. Not impressed? We have some exiting ultrabook deals too where you can get a sleek thin ultrabook laptop under 400 dollars with great specifications and price tag. All of them come with genuine windows 10 operating system.