Budget laptops with dedicated graphics card under 500 dollars: Cheap laptops with discrete GPU under 1000 in 2017
In terms of popularity, laptops with dedicated graphics card under 1000, 500 and 400 dollars are top of laptop list. This is chiefly due to fact people are looking for laptops that play high definition content smoothly and going with budget laptop with discrete graphics card under 1000 and 500 makes perfect sense. Also the windows 10 animations run without any hiccups with a discrete GPU. But the main reason people buy laptops with dedicated graphics card are given below.
Reasons to get laptop with graphics card under 1000, 500 or 400 dollars
High end multimedia content: Laptops with graphics card under 500 are perfect for consuming multimedia content. This is because graphics card takes the burden away from processor and render graphics on your computer. This makes the computer run faster as processor can focus on other important tasks. A discrete graphics card also helps in viewing full HD and 4k QHD content something which you cannot do on a laptop with Intel integrated graphics. If you are planning to do more than that, you should get laptop with dedicated GPU under 1000 because they pack more punch than laptops around 500.
Play games: While you may not be able to run games at highest settings when buying a laptop for gaming under 500 but you will definitely be able to run most games at low or medium settings which is not even possible in case of super cheap laptops. Dedicated GPU allows you to enjoy the high end games and multimedia without spending 1000 dollars or more on a laptop.
Better performance in graphic-intensive applications: If you are use applications like AutoCAD, SAP, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Corel Draw then you ought to get one of the laptops given below. Modern applications like the one mentioned above, make use of GPU to render graphics and you will find such applications doing a better job even if you have a cheap laptop with dedicated graphics card under 500 or 1000. A dedicated GPU plays an integral role in making a laptop an ideal best desktop replacement laptop computer.
Smoother windows performance: If you are not a gamer or planning to use graphic-related applications, it is makes sense to get one if you want smoother windows experience. Windows makes use of GPU to ensure you get smoother animations. This is even more important in case of full HD laptops and quad HD laptops where it in absolutely mandatory to have a powerful graphics card to push so many pixels.
Laptops with dedicated graphics card checklist
It shall be noted that each laptop was tested by our laptop expert team and a number of criteria were taken into consideration while picking these budget laptops which includes:
1) Big display: You are buying laptop with dedicated graphics card for either playing games, watching high definition movies or getting serious professional done on solidworks, AutoCAD, SAP or Matlab. So the 11 inch ultrabooks are out of equation and small screens are out. You will be needing a lot of screen real estate to work with and you will be spending considerable amount of time in front of screen. This is why you have to go with 13” or bigger screens.
2) massive storage: A lot of storage is required for installing games or for storing videos. It should have a minimum of 500GB hard disk installed. If you are not buying one for gaming, then get any of the best laptop with SSD drive as they are much faster and store data more reliability than mechanical hard disk drives. Some of the laptops come with hybrid storage that brings best of both worlds. You get a typical hard disk for storage but it packs a small SSD that holds the OS and acts as cache. This speeds up the OS and application boot times and give you better performance.
3) good memory capacity: The games and videos are not only storage hungry but also memory hungry so having at least 8GB onboard makes sense. In case you would be doing professional work, you would lots of memory for smooth user experience. For instance, apps like solidworks and auto CAD swallow up the memory like there is no tomorrow.
4) powerful GPU: This point in obvious but buying a Radeon R5, Nvidia 10xx or higher will allow you to run most games at medium or low settings. The latest Nvidia pascal delivers desktop-quality graphics and is ideal for doing professional work and high-end gaming. If you buying a laptop with dedicated graphics card for home use or light gaming and video editing, AMD GPUs work just fine. AMD-powered laptops are much cheaper too.
List of best budget laptop with dedicated graphics card.
Lenovo Ideapad 310
Lenovo Ideapad 310 is an excellent laptop with dedicated graphics card. It features latest AMD A12 processor which is most powerful laptop CPU by AMD. Pair that with powerful Radeon R5 graphics and you have a laptop that is great for gaming, high definition movies, video editing – you name it and it will pass the test with flying colors. This Lenovo is an amazing multimedia machine offering great visual and stunning stereo sound with its Dolby digital stereo speakers. The keyboard is full size and touchpad is large as well. With plenty of storage onboard, you would not ever have to worry about storage space.
* AMD A12-9700P quad core processor with Radeon R5 Graphics
* 12GB RAM, 1024GB (1TB) hard disk drive
* 15.6″ HD display, 1366×768 resolution
Acer Aspire E5-575G
If you are planning to play high-end games, do professional work and yearn for a budget laptop with dedicated Nvidia GPU and other nifty features like backlit keyboard and full HD display, this is the cheapest one of the lot. Its Nvidia GeForce 940MX GPU handles any game or demanding GPU-app with ease. This is one of best cheap laptop with dedicated graphics card in 2017.
* Intel Core i5-7200U, upto 3.1 GHz (2.5GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB VRAM
* Windows 10 operating system, 8 GB RAM and 256GB SSD, backlit keyboard
* 15.6-Inch Full HD Screen packing 1920*1080 pixel resolution
HP Business 15 Touchscreen Laptop
HP Business 15 is a touchscreen laptop packing quad core AMD processor and capable Radeon R5 discrete graphics. It is perfect all around laptop with touchscreen display which is an absolute joy to use with windows 10. The screen has been given anti-glare coating so that you can use it any kind of environment without getting distracted by the glare. This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a laptop with dedicated graphics card under 500 dollars.
* AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 Processor 2.2GHz with Turbo Speed 2.5 GHz, 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD;
* 15.6″ Diagonal HD Touchscreen; Anti-glare; Energy-efficient LED backlight; 1366 x 768; HD Webcam; AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
* 1 headphone/ microphone combo, 1 Superspeed USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 SD card reader, 1 HDMI, SuperMulti DVD/CD burner
* 802.11bgn high-speed reliable wireless LAN, RJ-45 Ethernet, Dual built-in speakers
* Windows 10 operating system
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 (touchscreen model)
An amazing laptop with graphics card under 500 dollars, the Dell Inspiron 15 comes with most powerful AMD laptop processor and dedicated Radeon R6 GPU for handling most demanding graphic-related applications, including games. We love the fact it comes with backlit keyboard with numeric keypad so you get a nice and cheap desktop replacement laptop under 500 dollars.
* AMD A10-8700P quad core processor + AMD Radeon R6 GPU
* 8GB RAM, 1000GB Hard Drive, DVD optical drive
* 15.6″ touchscreen display with HD resolution
* Windows 10 Home, backlit keyboard
The Asus X550DA features a four core AMD A10 2.5 GHz processor backed by powerful Radeon HD dedicated graphics card. For storage you get massive 1000 GB hard disk. What more can you ask for? This is one of our favorite windows 10 laptops with GPU under 500 dollars. It can play any modern game or run any GPU-intensive app with ease.
* AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 1.8 GHz processor
* 8GB RAM/ 256GB SSD with DL DVD±RW/CD-RW.
* 15.6 inches LED backlit display, 1366 by 768 resolution, matte finish
Dell Inspiron i5577
This Dell is best laptop with graphics card and has best specifications on this list. This is our favorite, offering everything one can hope for – latest dedicated graphics card, USB 3.0 port, powerful i7 quad core processor and big 15.6” display with 1080p resolution. You get 8 gigabytes of memory and lots of solid state storage that launches applications instantly. The keyboard has a nice red backlit giving it a very sporty feel. It is built like a tank and boasts the specs to put gaming laptops under 2000 to shame.
* Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ Processor (upto 3.1GHz); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
* 15.6″ full HD display, backlit keyboard
* 1000GB HDD + 128GB SSD combo, 8GB DDR4 RAM
Asus ZX53VW is a seriously powerful laptop with dedicated graphics card under 1000 dollars. It features immensely capable Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 discrete GPU that has whopping 4GB of VRAM to let you play even the most demanding games with ease. Couple that with standard voltage i5 processor that goes upto 3.2GHz and you have the best laptop with dedicated GPU. The keyboard is backlit and is also home to a number pad too for faster number entry. For storage, you get whopping 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM.
* 15.6-Inch wide-view Full-HD Display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
* 6th generation Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.2 GHz)
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4GB discrete graphics, backlit keyboard
* Fast 512GB SSD with 8GB DDR4 RAM, Extensive connectivity with HDMI/D-SUB/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
Lenovo Ideapad 510s
Lenovo Ideapad 510s is powered by latest 7th generation i7 processor that is backed by AMD Radeon R7 dedicated graphics card. The chassis is made of aluminium and feels premium in hand. The screen of this Lenovo laptop is full HD that shows everything in exceptional detail and vibrant colors bring entertainment to life. The chassis is thin and light that you will actually love carrying it around since it gives you unparralled performance while delivering good battery life. There are Harman kardon speakers to enhance your multimedia pleasure. It is beautifully designed and powerfully built.
* 14-inch screen, full HD 1920×1080 resolution
* 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500u kabylake CPU + AMD Radeon R7 M460 dedicated graphics card
* 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Harman dual stereo audio speakers
Lenovo Y700 is a FHD laptop that packs everything you would ever need for doing CPU and GPU intensive tasks. Under its bonnet, you will find a very powerful, standard voltage i7 processor that is backed by Nvidia 960M discrete graphics and whopping 16GB RAM. There are quality pair of JBL speakers onboard that bring loud, clear and immersive audio experience to you. It is great for gaming, video editing or anything intensive. This is easily one of the best laptops with dedicated graphics card under 1000 dollars.
* FHD 15.6″ LED-Lit, anti-glare, IPS display, 1920×1080 resolution
* 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad core CPU, clocked at 2.6GHz
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M discrete graphics
* 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, JBL speakers and Dolby Audio Premium
With this HP laptop, you get powerful laptop with graphics card at affordable price. It is powered by quad core AMD A10 processor and Radeon R5 GPU. You get plenty of storage with it, 1000GB and lots of RAM to work with as well. It looks professional and packs a lot of punch under its bonnet. It has full size keyboard with numeric pad which makes it a cheap desktop replacement laptop.
* AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, AMD Quad-Core A10-9600P processor clocked at 2.4GHz
* Full HD 1080p 1920×1080 display
* 1000GB HDD, SuperMulti DVD Burner, 8GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory
* DTS Studio Sound with dual speakers
So that was the list of budget laptops with graphics card under 1000 and 500 dollars. These cheap $400 laptops are also well equipped and can run any modern game or high definition video with ease. They may not be as powerful as laptops with dedicated graphics but are good enough your basic gaming and multimedia needs.