Which is best desktop replacement laptop 2017: Laptop that can replace desktop
We will help you find the best desktop replacement laptops of 2017. People who are looking for the top desktop replacement laptops are looking for workstation computer with added mobility of a laptop – a laptop that can replace your desktop. When looking for a portable powerhouse that you can call the best desktop replacement laptop, then you need to take several factors in mind. This includes an extremely powerful processor, lots of memory, storage and best laptop dedicated graphics card that can handle any GPU-intensive task with ease. Let us discuss these one by one so that you can get an idea on what to look for when choosing the best laptop to replace your desktop.
High resolution display – An ideal desktop replacement laptop should come with quad HD screen for being the most productive. A laptop with quad HD 4k screen packs four times as more pixels a typical HD screen that you find a cheap laptop. With more pixels, you are able to see more at a time, allowing you to be more productive. This allows you to squeeze more toolbars and windows at a time. The minimum you should settle when buying a desktop replacement laptop is full HD screen which also pack many times more pixels than an HD screen. Some people actually prefer getting a full HD laptop over quad HD to avoid straining their eyes. If you are looking for cheap desktop replacement laptop that are nothing but big, full size laptops that are only good for getting your daily computing tasks done, then check out our article where we have reviewed several different cheap laptops with windows that can help you replace your desktop.
Only Xeon, i7 Processor – Having a very powerful processor is indispensible when buying the best desktop replacement laptop. This is because most of the hard work is done by the processor and to run CPU-intensive tasks, you need nothing but the best processor. Consider focusing on standard voltage processors from the Intel Xeon and Core i7 family. Stay away from ultra low voltage processors because such CPUs are meant to be used in thin and light ultrabook laptops where our main focus is to get great battery life while getting decent performance. When buying a laptop to replace desktop, our main focus is to get maximum performance.
Hybrid or total SSD storage – This is another feature that affects the speed. No matter how fast your computer is, if it has been outfitted with a slow hard disk, you won’t be able to squeeze out best performance. In a desktop replacement laptop, one has to go for SSD equipped laptop or hybrid storage. In latter, one gets a typical hard disk equipped with a SSD which is used for launching applications and transfer data quickly.
Discrete GPU – Many people who buy a laptop that can replace desktop are looking to run both CPU- and GPU-intensive applications and games. That is why it is important to invest in laptop with dedicated graphics for best GPU performance. Intel integrated graphics just would not cut if you are planning to use GPU intensive apps.
Minimum 16GB RAM – People who buy desktop replacement laptops are looking to run multiple memory-hogging applications at a time. In order to have a jitter-free experience, it is important to get laptop with 16GB RAM. At the same time, see if the memory is expandable or not because you would not want to be stuck with 16GB forever.
Here are the best desktop replacement laptops of 2017.
Affordable desktop replacement laptop 2017
HP Pavilion Power
HP Pavilion Power is probably most well-configured desktop replacement laptop. Proudly boasting business design and solid build quality, this HP laptop packs a unbeatable AMD Radeon RX550 discrete grpahics card with 8GB VRAM which is excellent for professional tasks like AutoCAD and high end gaming. Powering it is a standard-voltage i7 quad core processor and as mentioned before, an AMD RX550 graphics card. It comes with a large 1000GB har disk which when paired with 12GB RAM makes it jitter-free and amazingly smooth. It offers you powerful performance to help you keeping up with your multitasking demands and enables new ways to interact with your desktop replacement laptop.
* 15.6-inch IPS display with full HD resolution, breathtaking vivid screen with wide viewing angles, crystal-clear images with 178-degree wide-viewing angles
* Standard-voltage Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU clocked at 2.8GHz with capable of turbo boost to upto 3.8GHz
* AMD Radeon RX550 discrete graphics card with 2GB GDDR5 GPU and 8GB VRAM
* 12GB of DDR4 memory, 1000GB HDD, backlit keyboard
* Up to 10 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage), up to 9 hours (video playback)
Dell Inspiron i5577
This Dell Inspiron is the best affordable desktop replacement laptop that is built like a tank. It packs an i7 standard-voltage processor and Nvidia’s desktop grade 1050 discrete graphics card for best CPU and GPU performance. There is ample storage onboard which is backed by generous 128GB SSD that ensures everything loads immediately. We also love the fact it has beautiful backlit keyboard and windows 10 compatible multitouch trackpad. It is hard to go wrong with this machine.
* 15.6 inch full HD screen, 1920×1080 resolution
* QC Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
* 8GB RAM, 1024GB hard disk + 128GB SSD combo, backlit keyboard, subwoofer
MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro
MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro is touted as one of the best gaming laptops under 2000 dollars but it is also a serious workstation, desktop replacement laptop. It packs an extremely powerful i7-7700HQ processor that is backed by 256GB M.2 SSD and whopping 16GB RAM. To ensure you never run into storage problems, folks at MSI have equipped it with an additional 1000GB hard disk. The graphics card is an Nvidia Pascal 1070 GPU that brings desktop-level performance. MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro is easily the one that shatters desktop performance cliché.
* 15.6″ Full HD Non Reflection 1920×1080 screen
* Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor (2.8-3.8GHz)
* Nvidia Pascal GeForce GTX 1070 8G GDDR5 discrete graphics card
* 16GB RAM, 256GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
* Steel Series Full-Color Backlight Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghost Key + Silver Lining, Virtual Reality – VR ready, Metal chassis
Ultimate laptop to replace desktop – Asus ROG G752VS OC Edition
Asus ROG G752VS is for those who want the ultimate and best desktop replacement laptop. You would want one if you don’t have budget constraints and you want the absolute best. It has breathtaking design and unmatchable specifications as well. It has top-of-the-line Intel Core i7-6820HK laptop that is paired with Nvidia Pascal 1070 GPU for stutter-free gameplay, immersive VR-ready experience and unparalled graphics performance. This is a laptop for who those who want ultimate in everything.
* 17.3-inch 1080p Display, G-Sync technology with 178-degree viewing angles
* Unmatched Performance with Factory Overclocked Intel Core i7 6820HK 2.7GHz Processor
* 64GB RAM, Factory Overclocked 2400MHz, 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD with NVMe PCIE Controller
* Powerful battery rated 88WHrs, 8 cell Li-ion Battery Pack, Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
Acer Nitro 5
Acer Nitro 5 is one of the most affordable and cheap desktop replacement laptop. It has standard voltage i5 processor and Nvidia dedicated graphics card that delivers next generation CPU and GPU performance. The keyboard is full size and backlit as well. The layout of keys are precise – just where you expect them to be and there is no surprises. It is a cheap laptop with lots of processing power and lots of memory as well.
* Full HD screen with IPS tech + full size keyboard
* Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with quad cores and standard voltage + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB of GDDR5 dedicated RAM.
* 1000GB HDD with 256GB SSD + 16GB RAM, backlit keyboard
Asus ROG GL502VM
This is one of affordable Asus’ Nvidia Pascal GPU laptops that brings top notch specifications without forcing you to spend two grand on a desktop replacement laptop. It features 15.6” IPS display with wide viewing angles, a very fast 128GB M.2 PCIE SSD paired with 1TB hard disk and Nvidia 1060 flagship discrete graphics card. It was made for hardcore gaming in mind but is perfect for working on CPU and GPU intensive software as well.
* 15.6″ full HD screen with 160-degree viewing angles with G-SYNC technology for fast frame refresh
* Intel Core i7-7700HQ 7th generation quad core CPU accompanied by Nvidia 1060 pascal desktop-standard graphics card
* 128GB SSD, 1024GB hard disk, 16GB RAM, Only 0.9-inch thin and 4.9-pounds in weight
* Red backlit keyboard with 1.6-mm key travel for comfortable typing experience
This MSI laptop comes with massive 17″ display with 120Hz refresh rate, 16GB RAM, hybrd storage, latest i7 CPU and latest Nvidia Pascal 1070 graphics card for best performance. Attractively priced, MSI brings desktop-level GPU performance with GeForce GTX1070 which is an Nvidia Pascal laptop GPU that promises upto three times more graphics performance over previous generation GPUs. It has everything you would expect from a powerful desktop replacement laptop. The MSI GE72MVR is great for users who are looking to replace their desktop with a powerful capable machine that plays all games effortlessly and delivers uncompromising experience.
* 17.3″ screen with anti-reflective coating, FHD resolution
* Core i7-7700HQ CPU with quad cores, clocked at 2.8GHz with turbo boost speed of 3.8GHz
* 16GB RAM, 128GB M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB hard disk
* Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, backlit full color keyboard, metal build