Top laptops for parents and elders 2020 – which laptop for father or mother?
Which is the best laptop for parents or elders this holiday season or birthday? That is a tough question as you are not buying a laptop for yourself but for someone you love the most.
You do not need the latest Core i5 processor while buying laptop for elders or parents. You also do not need to one with 16 gigabytes of memory or two 256GB solid state drives configured in RAID 0 configuration. Keep in mind you are not buying a laptop for yourself and buying a laptop with dedicated graphics card would be a bit overkill as they would not be playing Halo or doing anything graphic intensive.
Your mother or farthers need something that they can easily use and does not burn their laps with immense heat. In other words, they do not need the best desktop replacement laptop to work on CAD or something. They need something that runs cool and is powerful enough for doing video calls with you, web surfing, Youtube videos and a laptop that does not put strain on their eyes.
What you need to know when buying laptop for your parents?
1. Big display – Get a laptop with minimum 14.1 inch display. As one grows old, their eyes become weak so there is no need to get them a cheap mini laptop or netbook. If you get them one, they will spend majority of the time squinting at the small screen trying to make out the text. We do not want that to happen, so the best laptop for elders should come with either 17.3″, 14.1” or 15.6” displays.
2. Resolution – This is yet another overlooked aspect. Old people have poor eyesight and you would not want a display with 4k quad HD panel that will make everything super tiny. While they will be able to see more data at a time but they will develop eye strain without few minutes. Same can be said about laptops with full HD panel which we think is still too high for a normal person. Fortunately, this will keep your budget low too. Most of the laptops are under 400 dollars so you won’t have to spend a fortune to find the best laptop for parents.
3. Storage – Parents like to store a lot of family photos and videos on their computers. Therefore refrain from buying laptops with solid state drives because they usually do not come with adequate capacity unless you spend a couple thousand dollars. In simple words, just get typical laptops with mechanical hard disks. But if responsiveness is what you are looking for, cheap laptops with SSD will do the job fine.
4. Battery Life – Make sure battery runtimes is at least 4 hours as sometimes they would want to use their computers on couch or in bed. You certainly would not want them to lug those heavy chargers with them, do you?
Best laptop for parents 2020
Lenovo Ideapad 330
Lenovo Ideapad 330 has big display and thin design. It has more than enough computing power for daily tasks and more. If your parents have weak eye sight, they will have absolutely no problem in using the Lenovo Ideapad 330 that has large 15.6 inch display. Lenovo is well known for making high quality laptops and we are sure after buying this laptop to your parents, you won’t face any trouble.
Lenovo Ideapad 330 packs a lot of power inside too. Powering it is latest AMD A9 dual core processor. There is DVD drive onboard as well that is great for running old-school optical disks.
* 15.6 Inch HD (1366×768) NON-Touch anti-glare LED backlight display,200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio ; AMD Radeon R5 Graphic, supports two independent displays: Max resolution: 4096×2304@30Hz (via HDMI)
* Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM , Storage: 256GB SSD (Everything Lenovo Original 2019)
* 7th Generation AMD A9-9425 Processor (Dual-Core, 3.1 GHz up to 3.7 GHz)
* Intel Wireless 802.11 ac + Bluetooth v4.1 Combo, DVD-RW, Webcam, HDMI, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC), Ethernet RJ-45
HP Stream 14
HP Stream 14 is cheap, cheerful and we bet your parents will love it. This 200 dollar laptop boots up very fast thanks to the SSD drive used in it. Windows 10 runs without any lag on it thanks to the speedy processor and SSD storage. Preloaded with windows 10, this deal includes free Office for one year. It has long battery life and super light to carry around. If you are looking for a budget laptop for your parents, this is an excellent choice.
* 14-Inch 1366×768 pixel HD display, 10 hours and 45 minutes of battery life
* Intel Celeron N4000 processor with integrated graphics
* Genuine Windows 10, pre-loaded Office 365 Personal subscription for one year
* 64 GB Solid-State Drive, 4GB RAM, storage expandable via micro SD card slot
Lenovo Ideapad 330s
Lenovo Ideapad 330s is an affordable laptop for parents packing the very capable and efficient AMD Ryzen 5 2500U quad core processor that delivers stellar battery life and decent performance for everyday computing. It is great for watching videos as it comes with Radeon Vega 8 graphics card onboard. There is 8GB RAM onboard and 256GB SSD so you can be rest assured that they won’t be running out of storage in many years to come.
* 15.6 inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Anti-Glare Display, AMD Radeon Vega 8, AMD Ryzen 5 2500U Processor (2.0 GHz base frequency up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
* 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10, Full size keyboard with numpad
Dell Inspiron 15
The Dell Inspiron 15 is a strong laptop with 15.6 inch touchscreen display. You can use your fingers to directly interact with laptop. It comes with quad core Intel Core i5 processor and touchscreen display to let you interact using fingers. There is fast SSD and memory onboard that makes it ideal for those parents who store a lot of pictures and videos on it. The keyboard and touchpad are nice and large, giving the user plenty of space to do typing and navigation comfortably.
| 15 6″ HD Touchscreen Flagship Premium Laptop Computer, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U Up to 3.1GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, HDMI, USB 3.0, Bluetooth, WiFi, Windows 10 Home
So that was the list of best laptop for parents. Alternatively, you can get them one of the best mini PC desktops and pair it with a large display. Getting a mini PC is a better option especially if you already have hardware like monitor, keyboard and mouse at home.