Best ultrabook with optical drive in 2017: cheap thin laptops with DVD drive
The best ultrabooks with DVD drive chosen by laptop experts in 2017 feature great build quality, wonderful battery life and lot of horsepower.
While the ultrabook laptops are all about being thin and light, some users yearn for cheap ultrabook with DVD drive. So our laptop experts dig down to find the best cheap ultrabook with optical drive in 2017 that work reliably and effectively. All of these are still ultrabooks with ultra thin chassis and feature excellent displays.
Ultrabook make use of ultra power-sipping processors that yield great battery life and performance. Some ultrabooks come with solid state drives a k a SSDs while some come with hybrid storage or plain mechanical hard disk drives.
A solid state drive in an ultrabook with dvd player offers speedier transfers but if you store a lot of data on your ultrabooks sticking to the mechanical hard disk makes more sense. Earlier, only Intel processors were used in these ultrabook laptops but now AMD CPUs are also used. Some ultrabooks laptops come with SSD while some still use hard disks as they offer bigger storage capacities. As a rule of thumb, if you are looking for higher performance go for a laptop with SSD otherwise, a laptop with HDD will work better for you.
Best ultrabook with DVD drive Dell Inspiron i5567-5473GRY
Powered by Intel i7 kaby lake processor, the Dell Inspiron i5567 is the most well-equipped and best ultrabook with DVD drive. It has 15.6″ full HD display that has been covered with matte coating making it ideal to be used in all types of conditions. The screen packs touchscreen panel which has nice sensitivity as well. Graphics are handled by the mighty AMD R7 M445 GPU that can cope up with even the most demanding games and graphic-intensive applications out there. Keyboard is backlit which is a welcome feature at this price range and it is full size as well so crunching numbers quickly is not a problem. 4K quad HD video is piece of cake for this ultrabook laptop which gives you a pretty good idea of how much power this computer packs.
* 15.6″ FHD 1080p Truelife LED-backlit on-cell touch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
* Intel Core i7-7500u processor, AMD R7 M445 GDDR5 4G graphics card
* 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB (1024GB) hard disk, DVD tray-loading drive, backlit keyboard
Why ultrabooks with DVD drives matter?
DVD media: A lot of media is still being released as DVD-only media and for reading those, you can either get yourself an external DVD reader or a laptop with optical drive. Ultrabooks being thinner and lighter are easier to carry around than mainstream laptops and that is why people prefer buying an ultrabook with optical drive over a typical cheap laptop around 400 dollars.
Old media: Some of the media that we still have might still be on DVD and in many countries, it is illegal to copy data from DVD to computer. Another reason might be that it can take a lot of time to copy data from each DVD so it makes sense to just get ultrabook or laptop with DVD drive. Some of us are too lazy to copy each and every optical disk. While you can achieve the same by buying an external optical drive, nothing beats the convenience of having in-built DVD drive.
List of best ultrabooks with DVD drive
Asus ROG GL552VW-DH74
This Asus ROG laptop could be described as the ultimate ultrabook packing everything ever made for a laptop – wrapped in thin and light chassis. Despite packing so much, it manages to weigh 5.6 pounds which is not much considering how epic its specifications are. It has 128GB SSD for loading applications quickly but there is additional 1000GB hard disk for storing those big games and media files. There is 16GB DDR4 RAM making multitasking flawless on it. Graphics are handled by Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M GPU making it one of the most powerful gaming ultrabook out there.
* NVIDIA GTX960M 4GB GDDR5 discrete graphics
* 2.6 GHz Core i7 6700HQ skylake 6th generation processor with quad cores
* 15.6″ full HD display, backlit keyboard
* 1TB 7200RPM + 128GB M.2 SSD Storage
If you are looking for a powerful laptop with i7 processor that is feature rich and looks premium, the HP 15-ay018nr is a good choice. It comes with numberpad, DVD drive and spacious and incredily fast 256GB SSD as well. It weighs mere 4.75-lbs and is 0.95-inch thin. The screen is full HD and has IPS technology so you get crisp and wide viewing angles. It will definitely boost your productivity and photos, graphics and movies look great as there are so many pixels on screen. Multi-tasking is no problem on it and i7 processor makes sure you never have to wait for anything. 5-6 hour battery life.
* 15.6″ Full HD screen with IPS tech for wide viewing angles
* Intel Core i7-6500U processor (2.5GHz with turbo boost up to 3.1GHz, 4MB L3 Cache), Intel HD Graphics 520
* 256GB M.2 solid state drive, 8GB RAM, DVD drive
If you are tight on budget but still want a capable ultrabook with DVD drive, go with the Asus F556UA. It has latest Intel processor, plenty of storage space and runs Windows 10. It is one of the best ultrabooks with DVD drive out there offering so much in a laptop under 600 dollars. It is the best full HD laptop packing 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM which provide rocket speed to the user.
* 15.6-Inch Screen with full HD resolution, 1920×1080 pixels
* Intel Intel i5-7200U processor that can automatically overclock itself to 2.8GHz under heavy loads
* 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
* Windows 10 Operating system
Dell Inspiron i5559-1747SLV
The Dell i5559 has solid build quality, excellent ultrabook-centric processor that yields good battery life and comes with latest Windows 10 operating system. The display packs touchscreen panel so you can interact with the OS with your fingers. Powered by latest sixth generation Intel processor, this Dell ultrabook provides excellent performance, great battery life and stunning display quality. With big 1000GB hard disk, you will never run out of storage.
* 15.6 in HD LED-backlit touchscreen display with multi touch support
* Intel Core i3-6100u Processor, Intel Real Sense technology
* 6GB Memory with 1TB hard drive plus DVD +/- RW Optical drive
* Windows 10 Home Operating system
Cheap ultrabook with DVD drive Asus X555DA-AS11
Asus X550DA features a very powerful AMD A10 quad core processor and dedicated Radeon R7 graphics card. It comes with with a dedicated numberpad on its large full size keyboard. All that packed into a ultra thin chassis gives you an excellent ultrabook with DVD drive. It also made it to our list of best cheap laptops with dedicated gpu as it can even handle high end games and graphic-demanding apps with ease. Its 256GB SSD ensures that everything runs smooth as butter and applications launch within couple of seconds. It is indeed best budget ultrabook with DVD drive.
* AMD A10 8700 quad core CPU with AMD Radeon R7 discrete graphics
* 256GB solid state drive and 8GB RAM
* 15.6″ display packing 1366×768 pixel resolution
* 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and VGA ports
HP 15-F222WM is thin, reliable and valuable ultrabook with DVD drive. It has 15.6” touchscreen display and is powered by latest Intel Pentium quad core processor, this HP laptop packs enough power to handle most power-hungry and multimedia tasks. It is less than an inch thick and weighs under 5-pounds.
* 15.6″ touchscreen display, LED Backlight, HD Touchscreen
* Intel Pentium quad-core processor clocked at 2.16GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 2.66GHz)
* 4GB DDR3L SDRAM system memory + 500GB SATA hard drive, DVD±RW
Dell Inspiron 15 i5555-2866SLV
The Dell Inspiron laptops are well known for having superior build quality. These ultrabooks are made to last for many years to come. You are getting a multi-touch display with it allowing you to interact with screen using finger or stylus. Powered by very capable AMD A10 processor, it has dedicated Radeon R6 GPU onboard well. For storage, you get 1000GB hard disk so store your heart’s content.
* 15.6 in HD LED touchscreen (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
* AMD A10-8700P 1.80 GHz with Turbo up to 3.20 GHz, AMD Radeon R6 GPU
* 1000GB hard disk, 8GB RAM, DVD drive tray loading
Lenovo Ideapad 510
Lenovo Ideapad 510 is the latest ultrabook with optical drive. It is slim and packs latest i7 kabylake processor that is backed by powerful Nvidia graphics. It is a pretty good gaming ultrabook laptop too thanks to presence of Nvidia 940MX discrete graphics card. It makes use of latest DDR4 memory and whopping 1000GB hard disk storage. The screen packs full HD resolution so you not only enjoy crisper pictures and movies but also higher productivity levels as more content will be shown at a glance due to higher pixel density. The keyboard is backlit and full size with numeric keypad. All these features makes it an excellent laptop for replacing the desktop PC.
* 15.6-inch FHD 1920×1080 Screen, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX discrete GPU, backlit keyboard
* Intel Core i7-7500U clocked at 2.7GHz speed
* 8 GB RAM, 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, optical disk drive
Dell Inspiron i5559
The is an excellent choice for those who want the latest of everything. Powered by 6th generation latest i5 processor by Intel, this Dell ultrabook comes with optical drive, 1 TB hard disk and spacious 8GB RAM.
* 15.6 Inch HD (1366 x 768 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Touchscreen with Intel RealSense technology
* Intel i5-6200U 2.3 GHz Processor
* 8 GB RAM, upgradable to 16GB in future
* 1 TB HDD Storage; Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
* Windows 10 Operating System
There are not a full HD laptops that cost this less and quality as ultrabook with DVD drive. This laptop has full size keyboard with numpad, letting you enter numbers quickly. This is an all-around amazing ultrabook – see you do not get an i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD for under 500 dollars.
* 15.6 inch FHD laptop with 1920×1080 resolution display
* Intel Core i5-6200u processor, integrated graphics
* 128GB SSD, DVD burner, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 10